Something to say (할말 있어요)

Thursday, July 10, 2014


 

Words, when used in a certain manner, has the potential to be as dangerous as swords. And that is why I strongly believe we all should encourage one another instead. Many times a word of praise, thanks, appreciation or cheer has kept people on their feet. 

However, that is not always the case. 

Saying something to someone without thinking twice and you could unintentionally stab them at their weak point. What if you weren't intentionally doing that but they feel bad, but they don't show it? The damaging words may remained trapped in their minds, a mental torture that causes sleepless nights. On the other hand, you'll still be living your life peacefully, oblivious to what you just did to that person.

I have the urge to address this matter, to remind everyone of the fact that we should really filter our words before spitting them out. Words are really powerful, and can hurt people mentally if misused.

Just imagine someone always pointing at your flaws openly and putting you down when you're well aware of your flaws and all you do is trying to improve your weakness every day. I've experienced this situation a lot of times before, and that is why I practice thinking twice and being more tactful before speaking. I wouldn't want to make others feel worthless and judge their soul because of a thing or two. It is better being the victim than the victimizer. 

I've realized that there will always be someone willing to tear us down, however and whenever. It's a fact that we all must face.
How does one deal with this problem? I've learnt that we will only be hurt if we allow people and their words to hurt us. Whatever critics I receive, I'll turn the mental blocks into building blocks. I'll try my very best to take it as a constructive criticism, although it is not as easy as it sounds.

Achieving what I want may be difficult, but it is not impossible. 

If you're reading this, I hope you'll think carefully before uttering a speech or even just cracking a joke. The impact of your words could be grandly miscalculated by you yourself. Let's practice speaking nice words to people every day, be it your family members, friends or family. Who knows? You could possibly make someone's life better. Because even the smallest of words can heal or harm.

They say practice makes perfect. Unless you want to continue being blunt and saying harsh words to people, that is. Please, don't. They make people love you less. That's what careless words do. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate

Contacts

Social Medias (Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat): @hyperinsanity
Youtube: abbyminx

About Me

I'm Abby Ooi and I was born in Penang Island in 1995. Currently, I'm residing in Singapore. A degree pursuer, traveller, and a croissant addict. Family is paramount in my life.
xx

Subscribe